Job Title: Senior Project Manager – Real Estate, Economic Development and Capital Projects
Purpose and Scope: Under the direction of the Managing Director; participate in the activities of the corporation promoting economic growth and development in Downtown Jamaica.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and assist in obtaining grant funds for both capital and planning projects.
- Work with Federal, State and local agencies to secure grant funding to enhance economic development in Jamaica.
- Coordination of projects with Federal, City and State agencies during implementation of projects and ensure compliance with governmental funding regulations and agreements.
- Participate in coordinating economic development activity with all City agencies and NGOs.
- Contract administration and budgeting.
- Perform financial analyses.
- Review and evaluate various economic development proposals.
- Participation in collection of economic statistics, work force demographics, business sector and community characteristics, incentive programs and other information.
- Assist Managing Director to promote Jamaica as a viable option for the location of development projects, businesses and industries.
- Interact with various property owners, developers, real estate agents, financial institutions, private sector, community boards, elected officials and others to provide accurate information about economic development initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in finance, real estate or mathematics
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
- Advanced in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Proficient in financial accounting and financial skills
- Experience/knowledge of basic contracting procedures and ethics on a Federal, State and City level
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and expenditures with multiple funding sources and multiple sets of rules and regulations
- Must have the ability to learn and work efficiently and effectively with a limited degree of supervision
- Ability to multi-task and manage programs from conception through completion
- Knowledge of zoning and affordable housing subsidy programs
APPLICATIONS: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com