We understand the significant impact of this outbreak on your small business, and as a result, we want to let you know we are offering the following. Please forward and share this with anyone you think can benefit from the information you will find here. And follow @JamBizServ for the latest updates.
GJDC Quick Guide Resource Sheet
In an effort to provide you with the latest information and make it simple for you to access, we have created an easy-to-use Quick Guide of the resources available to you. This includes funding, programs, support groups and more that can be of help during this time. The Quick Guide is available in both printable format and as a link to a constantly updated document.
- Print out the .pdf or save it to your desktop to keep handy for easy reference. Download PDF
- Check the link regularly and bookmark it for access to the latest updates. Client Covid 19 Biz Support Programs .xlsx
April 2nd: Webinar Hosted by GJDC in Conjunction with the Small Business Administration
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) For Small Business and Non-Profit Organizations
Thursday, April 2 at 11:00 am Eastern Time
with Aron Kurlander, GJDC Director of Business Services
Register Here: Zoom.us: 815106562
GJDC Revolving Loan Fund Relief
- To the borrowers of Greater Jamaica’s Revolving Loan Fund we will be offering forbearance and fee waivers for businesses affected by Covid-19
Any and all late payment fees incurred by our borrowers during the next 60 days will be waived in recognition of the difficult business climate created by Covid-19. Upon request businesses may ask for up to a 60 days of forbearance on loan payments. This should be initiated by reaching out to an account manager, answering a phone-based questionnaire. After that, we will send a formal forbearance notice. Any unmade payments will be added to your loan to be paid at a later date.
Please contact us at email@example.com to reach an account manager and for further information.
Zero Interest Loans and Employee Retention Grants
Mayor De Blasio has announced two initiatives — the City of New York will be providing interest-free loans and grants to small businesses impacted by the Coronavirus outbreak who may be in need of financing assistance.
- Zero-Interest Loan – Businesses with fewer than 100 employees that experience a greater than 25% loss in gross revenue may be eligible for an interest-free loan of up to $75,000.
- Employee Retention Grant – Businesses with fewer than 5 employees may be eligible for a grant of up to $6,000 to cover 40% of payroll costs for two months to help retain existing employees.
For further information on both of these initiatives, please visit
- Be aware of potential scams. Scammers and cyber-criminals may try to take advantage of your concerns related to COVID-19. They may offer you fake products, medical advice, create fake charities, or compel you to click a fraudulent link to gain access to your device. Please visit the Federal Trade Commission to learn more about how you can avoid a scam.
To discuss how your business can come to Jamaica, stay in Jamaica, and grow in Jamaica, contact our Business Services Group for comprehensive assistance to business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs.